A woman and her craft...Tricia Rose and Rough Linen






Glory Moments...and Tricia Rose of Rough Linen

For me, there are two types of inspiring moments. I call them glory moments. One is the  'Aha' moment, when I finally get something right and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Lately I have had a few 'Aha' moments with the blogging course I am taking. So nice to feel that again.

The second glory moment is the 'Ooh' one, when you look at something and  say 'Ooh, I love that'. I recently had a double hitter, the 'Ooh' and 'Aha' moment at the same time and I owe that to Tricia Rose of Rough Linen. When I saw this picture, it was unequivocally an 'Ooh and Aha' moment for me.






It finally clicked, I have been thinking on Tahilla Farm, our new home away from home in the wilds of New England. At the moment..it is a blank canvas, literally. Not a single item stands within any four walls. I have found my first purchase...Tricia's duvet cover for New England and the 'summer cover' for steamy nights back at Chateau Mango in Saigon. 

I can see it in the folds of the fabric, it is textural and organic, just the way I like it. The details and colours are simple, fresh and lovely, as they should be. 









Best of all, is the woman behind the craft, Tricia Rose. 
Her story is an inspiring one...she had an idea and she made it happen.
The video tells the story...









Tricia inspires me on another level as well...her workspace. Are you feeling those glory moments?
Isn't this sensational? She has style..and she knows what she likes. A woman to love!






Tricia reminds me of one of the many reasons I fell in love with Tahilla Farm. I hope to one day make it a creative retreat, one to be shared with family and friends and with with my blogging friends. That's another story, the idea is there, the words are coming...in the meantime, I have Tricia to remind me that anything is possible in life, just follow your dream.


Tricia Rose...an inspiring woman..unequivocally!



In case you are wondering, this is not a paid endorsement. I wrote to Tricia and asked if I could share her story with you...just because she inspires me. Her response was as delightful as the woman you see above.

You can find Tricia Rose and Rough Linen here and while you are there be sure to check out the Rough Linen Community here. It is a fabulous concept! One last parting note from Tricia...a video on how to stuff a duvet. I think of all the tutorials I have given my own children, often to blank stares when it comes time to do it themselves. I am emailing this video to them..brilliant!



I would like to fill Collage of Life pages with men and women who create--hoping they will inspire you as well.  For more on women and their craft, click here.  If you have an artist that you think would inspire us all, please feel free to right to me... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com I am always looking for glory moments!


On another note...
For those of you who are waiting on my Myanmar photos, they are still coming. My blog course has me off in all sorts of directions. I want to share travel photos without overwhelming you with a run on of photos. I had another 'Aha' moment recently...it is coming with 'A Symphony over Inle Lake'..soon.

Sending you warm wishes from Chateau Mango in Saigon for a wonderful weekend!

Jeanne xx


Comments

  1. Hello Jeanne,
    I was brought up with my mum loving good linen's and cottons. She taught me how to make a cosy bedroom. I learnt so much with her.
    There is nothing better than a bed made up with beautiful linen and cottons. Soft puffy pillows that we can sink our head into after a busy day. Sweet smelling sheets.
    Very nice that you shared this with us. lots of happy buying for your new house.
    best wishes
    val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val..I agree, the right bedding is essential. For me it starts with pillows, once I get that right, then comes the cotton sheets..I am very fussy about those too. I think Tricia's duvet covers will be the perfect compliment. :)

      Delete
  2. That view of Tricia sitting on the balcony overlooking the creek is a view to die for - no wonder her work is inspired and inspired you to both ooh and aah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WG...I think we should all have a photo like that..when we are completely at peace. Tricia has the right idea. :)

      Delete
  3. And some lavender for my pillows too. Lovely and inspiring video - on so many levels. Her cat is a scene stealer! See you at Tahilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed watching the video Jeanne, such a wonderful story and mission. Her product sounds divine, I am going to back a watch a few more and maybe order some if they ship to Canada. I had the pleasure of sleeping on antique linen last summer and have wanted some linen sheets ever since. She is an inspiring lady and I jus adored watching her show her son how to fill a duvet cover. Thanks for sharing such a good source and story. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling Sande...antique linen is the best..so soft and smooth. I hope she ships to Canada and the duvet cover..I have one daughter who just refuses to get that right. I like to think that no one can do it as good as Mom. :)

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous duvet cover. I love linen too.
    How wonderful to discover her company.
    Your blog is such a colourful and rich one Jeanne. Thank you for taking us along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie...lovely to have you stop by. xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Jeanne, somewhere along life's path I learned the say duvet stuffing technique. The video with her son is adorable. I'm going to pass this along to my mom-in-law......I know she'll love this! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Carole...so happy to share the love! :)

      Delete
  7. I am truly honored Jeanne, thank you for this post. Here's to linen lovers everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanne,

    I cannot wait to hear more about the blog class, sadly it is filled up. I will have to try to take it the next time around. I am a huge fan of Tricia, I read about her over a year ago in blogland and found her story inspiring. I had not however seen the videos, I love them!

    I am looking forward to hearing your wonderful plans for Thalia Farms!A creative retreat sounds wonderful.

    Have a fabulous weekend! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth...I will make sure you are the first to know when it happens. :)

      Delete
  9. Jeanne you have no idea how long I have been looking for rough linen!!! Thank you for the introduction to Tricia and her beautiful products. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad Brenda! Best wishes to you for a Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

      Delete
  10. The duvet is wonderful. Loved the video's. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOved the VIDEO!Will check out her site too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree Contessa...I think it is unanimous, we all love the video. This has been a great little focus group for Trica ...thumbs up from everyone, on all counts. :)

      Delete
  12. Jeanne...I am so in love I can't tell you! thank you for posting this...now to start saving my pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!

    I would love to take the blog class too...I need to keep watch for next time!!

    Enjoy your weekend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Sandy! I recommend putting yourself on the mailing list, Holly will send an email prior to the next class. :)

      Delete
  14. Oh goodness. A kindred spirit indeed.
    Perfect for Tahilla Farm!
    Linen is my very favourite fabric. My bedroom is swathed in it and it's all I wear in summer.
    I can't thank you enough for giving me a new resource for linen sheets! Nothing feels better.
    xo
    pamela

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts